[Humanist] 32.42 events: corpus research; markup; imaging; diagramming

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu May 24 07:53:30 CEST 2018

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Aaron Sloman <A.Sloman at CS.BHAM.AC.UK>                     (45)
        Subject: 10th conference on DIAGRAMS, Edinburgh 18-22nd June 2018.

  [2]   From:    PGR Colloquium UEA <fieldsofvision2018 at gmail.com>         (18)
        Subject: Call for Papers PGR colloquium "Fields of Vision"-UEA 15
                October 2018

  [3]   From:    B Tommie Usdin <btusdin at mulberrytech.com>                 (38)
        Subject: [ANN] Balisage 2018 Program Announced

  [4]   From:    "Testori, Marinella" <marinella.testori at kcl.ac.uk>        (16)
        Subject: I: Corpus research in linguistics and beyond seminar 6th
                June

        Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 01:59:05 +0100
        From: Aaron Sloman <A.Sloman at CS.BHAM.AC.UK>

Call for registration.

Diagrams 2018 is the 10th International Conference on the Theory and
Application of Diagrams at Edinburgh Napier University in the UK,
from 18th to 22nd June.
    http://www.diagrams-conference.org/2018/

The conference provides a united forum for all areas concerned with the
study of diagrams, including a special session on the Philosophy of
Diagrams.

It is held concurrently with
    International Workshop on Set Visualization and Reasoning 18th June 2018
    https://sites.google.com/site/setvr2kn/current-workshop

And
    The 23rd International Conference on
    Conceptual Structures, June 20th-22nd 2018
    http://blogs.napier.ac.uk/iccs/programme/

Diagrams 2018 will include tutorials on Monday 18th June followed by
presentations of refereed long and short Papers, and Posters, workshop
sessions, a conference dinner, and a graduate workshop.

Keynote Speakers

    Professor Ahti-Veikko Pietarinen, Tallinn University of Technology
    Professor Keith Stenning, University of Edinburgh

The registration deadline is fast approaching: June 5, 2018

Registration and Accommodation:
    http://www.diagrams-conference.org/2018/home/registration/

For location details, and university accommodation at 45GBP per night
see
    http://www.diagrams-conference.org/2018/home/venue/

A programme summary is online here:

    http://www.diagrams-conference.org/2018/home/programme/

The full Programme is available here (PDF):

    http://www.diagrams-conference.org/2018/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/DiagramsProgramFinal_ForDistribution.pdf

List of tutorials on Monday 18th June

    http://www.diagrams-conference.org/2018/home/programme/tutorials/

A list of long and short accepted papers and poster abstracts (with
authors):

    http://www.diagrams-conference.org/2018/home/programme/accepted-submissions/

The organising committee:
    http://www.diagrams-conference.org/2018/home/organising-committee/

http://www.diagrams-conference.org/2018/
Conference dates: 18th - 22nd June 2018
Location: Edinburgh, UK

[...]
Proceedings

The Proceedings will be published by Springer in their Lecture Notes in
Computer Science series.