[Humanist] progress report on Humanist

Willard McCarty willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Jul 17 22:13:50 CEST 2018

Dear members of Humanist,

My thanks to everyone who has offered suggestions and proposed varying
degrees of support for the rebirth of our virtual common. It would
appear that Humanist will be offline for the next two weeks or so, but
such is the strength of consensus about its continuing value to the
community I now have little doubt that it will return to active duty.
The image that keeps coming to mind is of the ancient warrior laid out
in his boat, surrounded by treasures, drifting into the fog and out to
sea. Someday, perhaps, but not anytime soon.

Please, if you would, be patient while I consider the alternatives
presented. Once I have a timetable for the work ahead I'll let everyone
here know.

All the best, and again, thanks so much -- as inadequate as these words
may be, they are the best I can muster while keeping a decorous lid on
the drama :-).

Willard McCarty (www.mccarty.org.uk/), Professor emeritus, Department of
Digital Humanities, King's College London; Adjunct Professor, Western
Sydney University; Editor, Interdisciplinary Science Reviews
(www.tandfonline.com/loi/yisr20)