[Humanist] 32.125 Poe and digital humanities?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Jul 5 08:51:25 CEST 2018

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2018 17:34:54 -0400
        From: "Jeffrey A. Savoye" <savoye at eapoe.org>
        Subject: Edgar Allan Poe and Digital Humanities

I have been asked to consider writing a chapter on Edgar Allan Poe and
Digital Humanities for an online collection (an online collection that
will reflect and extend a printed version that will be appearing at the
end of the year).

I am currently looking through some of the online questions and answers
on the website, but I wondered if the definition of Digital Humanities
has become any less elusive over the last 7 years or so (given that as
the age of the answers online). Perhaps it has grown only more elusive.

I am also interested in a good collection (or a couple of good
collections) of essays/articles about Digital Humanities, historically
or something more current. Is there a list of more or less standard
material?

I have been working on electronic texts of the works of Edgar Allan Poe
(and works about Poe and his writings) for more than 2 decades, but I
understand that the idea of Digital Humanities has been moving in lots
of different directions during this time, and I would like to have a
decent grounding before proceeding with an article.

Jeffrey A. Savoye
The Edgar Allan Poe Society of Baltimore
http://www.eapoe.org