[Humanist] 30.788 MA courses (Maynooth)

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Feb 28 07:14:02 CET 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 18:02:34 +0000
        From: JACK ANTHONY KAVANAGH <jack.kavanagh.2017 at mumail.ie>
        Subject: MA Courses in Digital Humanities: Go Digital... @ Maynooth University

Go Digital…

Masters Courses in Digital Humanities and Heritage at MU

An Foras Feasa, The Research Institute in the Humanities, offers two technology-based Masters in Digital Humanities and in Spatial eHumanities. More information is available at https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/foras-feasa/study-with-us.

Join us for our Open House on Wednesday 1st March from 11am - 2.30pm on the First Floor, Iontas Building, North Campus, to learn more about the programme. For those who can’t join us in person, we will be streaming the event live on our YouTube channel https://goo.gl/OhQ5Iy. You can contact us through via Twitter feed @DigiHum_MU <https://twitter.com/DigiHum_MU> and on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/DHMaynooth/

The Master of Arts in Digital Humanities, the oldest in Ireland, and one of the oldest in the world, combines the theory and practice of humanities research and teaching with transformative digital technologies. It provides students with the opportunity of extending their disciplinary knowledge into new modalities, including data analytics, digitisation and curation, 2D and 3D modelling. The Masters is taught within a praxis-based environment with opportunities to work on cutting-edge Irish & international projects.

The Master of Science in Spatial eHumanities is offered jointly with The National Centre for Geocomputation. It takes an interdisciplinary approach to focus on spatial and temporal concepts, methods, and tools in the development of computational and visual frameworks from which to explore the past and better understand our present. It is the only programme in Europe combining geocomputation, cultural heritage, archaeology, design, and humanities/arts research, providing both a historical background and theoretical grounding to the field.

Both degrees feature an internship with an industry or cultural heritage partner, or within a university-based digital humanities project.

To find out more, email us at  aff-pgr-enquiry at nuim.ie to arrange a skype chat with one of the teaching staff.

The closing date for applications is 30th June 2017. For more information see our website https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/foras-feasa/study-with-us.