[Humanist] 30.742 The Rare Book Summer School

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Feb 14 08:04:53 CET 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 11:17:12 -0500
        From: "Perrings, Laura E" <leperrings at email.tamu.edu>
        Subject: Rare Book School Summer Courses

Apologies for cross-posting.

Rare Book School offers five-day, intensive courses in several locations
focused on the history of manuscript, print, and digital materials. Our
courses this spring and summer will be held at the University of Virginia,
Yale University, the University of Pennsylvania, and Indiana University,
Bloomington.

Among our more than thirty courses on the history of books and printing, we
are pleased to offer courses of interest to those in the field of digital
humanities. The following is a sample of the breadth of classes offered:

- M-95 “The Medieval Manuscript in the Twenty-First Century,” taught by
Will Noel and Dot Porter (University of Pennsylvania)

- L-100 “Digital Approaches to Bibliography & Book History,” taught by
Benjamin F. Pauley (Eastern Connecticut State University) and Carl G.
Stahmer (University of California, Davis)

- G-55 “Scholarly Editing: Principles & Practice,” taught by David Vander
Meulen (University of Virginia)

To be considered in the first round of admissions decisions, course
applications should be received no later than 20 February. Applications
received after that date will be released for review on a rolling basis.
Visit our website at rarebookschool.org for course details. A 2016 RBS
student remarked, “I will never look at a book—any book—the same way
again,” and so we hope you will join us at an RBS course this year and
learn to see books in a new way as well!

With kindest regards,

The RBS Programs Team