[Humanist] 30.724 asst/assoc/full professorships (BYU, MSU); pub manager (Berkeley)

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Feb 8 07:15:31 CET 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Dean Rehberger <Dean.Rehberger at matrix.msu.edu>            (10)
        Subject: Digital Historian Position MSU

  [2]   From:    Jeremy Browne <jeremy_browne at byu.edu>                     (41)
        Subject: Job opening at BYU

  [3]   From:    Christopher Ohge <christopherohge at gmail.com>              (11)
        Subject: Job: *Deadline Extended* for Digital Publications Manager,
                Mark Twain Project

        Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 19:57:49 +0000
        From: Dean Rehberger <Dean.Rehberger at matrix.msu.edu>

All,

The Department of History at Michigan State University seeks a historian at the rank of Associate or Full Professor with research and teaching expertise at the intersection of digital history and critical diversity. Candidates must have a Ph.D. in history or a closely related field. Candidates must demonstrate research and teaching foci on questions of race, inclusion, cultural preservation, global interconnectedness, and/or engaged historical scholarship. The successful candidate will have a majority appointment in the Department of History, which is in the College of Social Science, and in a minority appointment in a unit in the College of Arts & Letters.

The joint appointment will allow our new colleague to work as part of a team to be central to the university-wide initiative, Critical Diversity in a Digital Age. Faculty hired as part of the initiative will develop research programs and curricula and seek external funding focused on digital theory and practice and issues of social justice with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, class, and religion. Our hire will add an historical dimension to the research, teaching and grant components of the initiative. Salary, benefits, and support for research are competitive.  Full-time academic year appointment will begin on August 16, 2017.

See full details http://www.cal.msu.edu/criticaldiversity/phase1/digitalhistory

Best,

Dean

Dean Rehberger