[Humanist] 30.709 events: markup; EpiDoc change of deadline

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Feb 3 08:17:22 CET 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Lucia Vannini <Lucia.Vannini at postgrad.sas.ac.uk>          (26)
        Subject: Re: EpiDoc training workshop, London, April 2017

  [2]   From:    Tommie Usdin <btusdin at mulberrytech.com>                   (34)
        Subject: Call for Participation: Balisage 2017

        Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2017 09:19:05 +0000
        From: Lucia Vannini <Lucia.Vannini at postgrad.sas.ac.uk>

Dear all,

In order to inform successful applicants earlier and give more time to organize travel to London, we have decided to close the deadline for applications to participate in the EpiDoc workshop earlier than originally announced. The deadline will now be *February 14th, 2017*. Please pass this on to anyone you know was planning to apply.

Best,

Lucia

--

Lucia Vannini
PhD Candidate in Digital Classics
email: lucia.vannini at postgrad.sas.ac.uk

Digital Classicist wiki: Lucia<https://wiki.digitalclassicist.org/User:LuciaVannini>

Dear all,

We invite applications to participate in a training workshop on digital editing of papyrological and epigraphic texts, at the Institute of Classical Studies, London, April 3–7, 2017. The workshop will be taught by Gabriel Bodard and Lucia Vannini (ICS) and Simona Stoyanova (KCL). There will be no charge for the workshop, but participants should arrange their own travel and accommodation.

EpiDoc (epidoc.sf.net http://epidoc.sf.net/ ) is a community of practice and guidance for using TEI XML for the encoding of inscriptions, papyri and other ancient texts. It has been used to publish digital projects including Inscriptions of Aphrodisias and Tripolitania, Duke Databank of Documentary Papyri, Digital Corpus of Literary Papyri, and EAGLE Europeana Project. The workshop will introduce participants to the basics of XML markup and give hands-on experience of tagging textual features and object descriptions, identifying and linking to external person and place authorities, and use of the online Papyrological Editor tool.

The workshop will assume knowledge of papyrology or epigraphy; Greek, Latin or another ancient language; and the Leiden Conventions. No technical skills are required, and scholars of all levels, from students to professors, are welcome. To apply, please email gabriel.bodard at sas.ac.uk<mailto:gabriel.bodard at sas.ac.uk> with a brief description of your background and reason for application, by February 28, 2017.

All the best,
Lucia

lucia.vannini at postgrad.sas.ac.uk
wiki.digitalclassicist: Lucia<https://wiki.digitalclassicist.org/User:LuciaVannini>