[Humanist] 30.706 a legislative attack -- & a caution

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Feb 3 08:10:11 CET 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2017 09:35:17 -0500
        From: Ben Miller <bjmiller at mit.edu>
        Subject: Re:  30.705 a legislative attack on geospatial information

For what it's worth, the conversation on ComUrb (Community and Urban
Sociology Section of ASA), which I'm pasting in below, argues that it
may die in committee and that drawing undue attention to the bill makes
it more likely to reach the next level of deliberation.  Given that the
most meaningful thing I've worked on in years used exactly this kind of
data, I'm concerned.

Best,
Ben

Phil's message is also what I hear from fair housing folks, for what it's worth.

Greg
Gregory D. Squires
Department of Sociology
801 22nd Street NW