[Humanist] 30.704 events: classics; newspapers; corpus research

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Feb 2 06:59:51 CET 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    "Ancarno, Clyde" <clyde.ancarno at kcl.ac.uk>                (18)
        Subject: Corpus research in linguistics and beyond - 8 Feb. Gerlinde
                Mautner's talk (5.00pm)

  [2]   From:    Simona Stoyanova <metathesis.quantitatum at gmail.com>       (25)
        Subject: CFS Digital Classicist London 2017

  [3]   From:    Ryan Cordell <r.cordell at northeastern.edu>                 (34)
        Subject: CFP: Transatlantic Newspaper Symposium (London, 28 April 28
                2017)

        Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 11:05:05 +0000
        From: "Ancarno, Clyde" <clyde.ancarno at kcl.ac.uk>
        Subject: Corpus research in linguistics and beyond - 8 Feb. Gerlinde Mautner's talk (5.00pm)

Dear all,

As previously indicated, Professor Gerlinde Mautner will be giving a paper as part of our seminar series next week on Wednesday the 8th of February at 5pm (room G/8 in the Waterloo Bridge wing). The abstract of her paper 'Rigour, Relevance, Reflection: CL Methodology Through a Critical Lens' is attached to this email (also available on our webpage: <http://www.kcl.ac.uk/sspp/departments/education/research/Research-Centres/ldc/seminars/corpus.aspx> http://www.kcl.ac.uk/sspp/departments/education/eventrecords/Professor-Gerlinde-Mautner.aspx)

If you would like to attend please RSVP as soon as possible using Chris' email chris.tang at kcl.ac.uk (the number of places is limited).

We look forward to seeing you then. Please note that for those of you who would like to extend the discussions beyond Gerlinde's talk, we will head to a local pub afterwards.

With our best wishes,

Clyde and Chris

Clyde Ancarno – Lecturer
clyde.ancarno at kcl.ac.uk<mailto:clyde.ancarno at kcl.ac.uk>