[Humanist] 30.919 events: frontiers; public humanities

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Apr 25 07:32:01 CEST 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    "Keralis, Spencer" <Spencer.Keralis at unt.edu>              (10)
        Subject: CFP Closes 4/28: Exploring the Edges & Pushing the
                Boundaries of Digital Humanities | Digital Frontiers 2017 |
                9/21-23/2017

  [2]   From:    "McGrath, James" <james_mcgrath at brown.edu>                (56)
        Subject: Day of Public Humanities (Tuesday, May 9th, 2017)

        Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 20:02:58 +0000
        From: "Keralis, Spencer" <Spencer.Keralis at unt.edu>
        Subject: CFP Closes 4/28: Exploring the Edges & Pushing the Boundaries of Digital Humanities | Digital Frontiers 2017 | 9/21-23/2017

Digital Frontiers <https://digital-frontiers.org/> is an annual conference that explores advances and research in humanities and cultural memory through the lenses of digital scholarship, technology, and multidisciplinary discourse. Digital Frontiers 2017<https://digital-frontiers.org/conference/2017/> will take place September 21-23, 2017, at the University of North Texas in Denton.

The program committee of Digital Frontiers invites members of the digital humanities community to propose programs that illustrate the creative and collaborative work that is developing in this exciting field. Program content may cover research and projects involving humanities-related new technologies or tools, re-thinking processes or methods, pioneering approaches, surprising partnerships, previously-untapped audiences, innovative uses of digital humanities resources, or intriguing combinations of these characteristics. Proposals that highlight efforts to promote social justice, to involve under-represented groups, or to engage communities outside the academy will be especially welcomed.

The committee encourages contributions from anyone who creates or uses digital collections or tools for humanities work, including scholars, historians, educators, genealogists, archivists, technologists, scientists, librarians, curators, and students. We welcome submissions from local and regional historical and genealogical societies, and anyone working in the public humanities to serve the community of practice with which Digital Frontiers identifies.

For complete submission guidelines, view the Call for Proposals<https://digital-frontiers.org/conference/2017/info/call-proposals>.

Deadline: April 28, 2017

Digital Frontiers
A conference for the makers and users of technology in the service of the humanities
Spencer D. C. Keralis, Ph.D., Conference Director
digitalfrontiers at unt.edu<mailto:digitalfrontiers at unt.edu> | (940) 369-6884
http://digital-frontiers.org/