[Humanist] 30.901 events: East Asian corpora; visualisation

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Apr 18 09:01:56 CEST 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Molly Des Jardin <mdesjardin at gmail.com>                   (16)
        Subject: May 2: East Asian DH presentations at UPenn

  [2]   From:    "Chavez Heras, Daniel" <daniel.chavez at kcl.ac.uk>          (16)
        Subject: Visualisation and Visual thinking in the Digital Humanities
                conference

        Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 08:24:47 -0400
        From: Molly Des Jardin <mdesjardin at gmail.com>

With the collaboration of the Price Lab for Digital Humanities, the
Penn Libraries (Philadelphia, PA) will be hosting a series of
presentations titled, "Building a Corpus and Making it Work!" on the
afternoon of Tuesday, May 2.  From 1-4 pm, in Van Pelt-Dietrich
Library Center Room 626, seven speakers will discuss projects related
to East Asian text digitization, manipulation, and analysis:

Molly Des Jardin and Brian Vivier (University of Pennsylvania)
Hideki Mima (University of Tokyo)
Kevin Bullaughey (University of Pennsylvania)
Mark Ravinna (Emory University)
Donald Sturgeon (Harvard University)
Aswin Mannepalli (University of Pennsylvania)

We will send around another message soon with full presentation
titles.  Please join us for any or all of this discussion.

Molly Des Jardin, Japanese Studies Librarian
Brian Vivier, Chinese Studies Librarian & Area Studies Coordinator