[Humanist] 30.390 jobs: project officer for OpenEdition (CNRS)
Humanist Discussion Group
willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Oct 6 08:23:00 CEST 2016
Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 30, No. 390.
Department of Digital Humanities, King's College London
Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2016 10:30:18 +0200
From: Dasa Radovic <dasa.radovic at openedition.org>
Subject: Job opening : OPERAS-D and HIRMEOS Project Technical Coordinator
CNRS - OpenEdition is recruiting a Project Technical Officer for OPERAS-D
OpenEdition - http://openedition.org - is a research infrastructure based
in France dedicated to open access publication in humanities and social
sciences. OpenEdition coordinates OPERAS - http://operas.hypotheses.org -
a joint effort by 19 institutions in 9 countries to develop a common
infrastructure in the European Research Area and align their strategy.
In 2017, OpenEdition will move OPERAS a step forward with the launching of
two coordinate Horizon 2020 e-infrastructure projects :
- The OPERAS-D project “Design for Open access Publications in European
Research Areas for Social Sciences and Humanities” will support the 5 main
partners of the OPERAS network in the development of a new European
e-infrastructure for open access publishing in the Social Sciences and
Humanities (SSH) and achieve the design study for it.
- The HIRMEOS project “High Integration of Research Monograph in the
European Open Science Infrastructure” will improve five important platforms
publishing open access monographs in the SSH (OpenEdition, Oapen, Ubiquity
Press, Göttingen University Press, EKT e-publishing) through enhancement
of their technical capacities and services and embedding them fully into
the European Open Science Cloud.
In this context, CNRS OpenEdition is recruiting a Project Technical Officer.
The technical officer will be responsible for the implementation and
monitoring of the technical aspects of the OPERAS-D and HIRMEOS projects.
In the framework of HIRMEOS:
- Monitor and coordinate the overall technical developments of the
project: Identification services, Named entities recognition services,
Certification service, Annotation services, Metrics services.
- Supervise and facilitate afterwards the implementation of services on
the 5 involved platforms.
- Ensure an optimal coordination between platforms: follow-up of
technical developments, workflow between Work Packages and others services
developed at each platform.
- Support and ensure the intermediary between the technical Work Package
Leaders (internal communication).
- Ensure that services development and implementation achieved on time
and gather the contributions (including planned deliverables) in compliance
with established the work plan
- Participate in the writing of activity reports.
- Prepare and organise technical meetings and notably Advisory Board
- Develop the data management plan of the project.
In the framework of OPERAS-D:
- Describe the technical and service requirements by mapping the
consortium’s technical environment.
- Identify services OPERAS will have to develop in terms of long-term
- Establish an user driven design for future services.
- Ensure technical preparation for future preparation for OPERAS.
You will need:
* A Master's degree in Computer science with a specialization in ASSH
(arts, social sciences, humanities), or vice versa.
* Professional experience or very good knowledge on digital humanities,
information management, open access academic publishing, e-infrastructures
* Knowledge of the technical environment of both projects : relational
RDF), content structuration (XML JATS and TEI, XHTML), information exchange
protocols (OAI-PMH, Json, Rest, Sparql)
* Very good level of written (report production) and spoken English and an
intermediate level for French;
* Ability to work in a team and within a multicultural context
* Autonomy, strong discipline and rapid responsiveness
* Experience in managing EU projects will be appreciated.
Employment situation and conditions
The position is offered at CNRS as full-time for the projects period (30
months) starting the 1st of January 2017. Responsibilities are split up
50% between OPERAS_D and HIRMEOS.
Location: The position will be located in Paris (France) at EHESS (190,
avenue de France until april 2017 and 54, boulevard Raspail from mai 2017)
in OpenEdition office.
Recruitment level: engineer (MSc or equivalent)
Gross annual salary: around EUR 26 100 (in accord with prior experience)
For further information, please contact:
Pierre Mounier (pierre.mounier at openedition.org)
or Dasa Radovic (dasa.radovic at openedition.org)
Please, apply by sending your CV and cover letter until October 20 2016 to
: emploi at openedition.org
Job interviews are expected to start on November 2 2016
International cooperation manager
OpenEdition - 38 Rue Frédéric Joliot Curie - F - 13451 Marseille Cedex 13,
Tél : 04 13 55 02 98,
Skype : dasaradovic
More information about the Humanist