[Humanist] 28.912 pubs: on rhythms, cfp

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Apr 25 08:30:50 CEST 2015

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 09:27:12 -0400
        From: Rebecca Stuhr <stuhrreb at pobox.upenn.edu>
        Subject: Call for Papers: Fungiculture Issue #2 RHYTHMS

On behalf of Helen Stuhr-Rommereim, editor, Fungiculture Journal
(helen at fufufo.com <mailto:helen at fufufo.com>)

Dear colleagues,

Please consider submitting to Fungiculture Journal's second issue!

This is our current call for papers:

http://www.fufufo.com/submit-june-14/

Issue #2 -- RHYTHMS

Call for Projects:

Fungiculture http://www.fufufo.com/ is a psychedelic journal for
cultural studies; a space for the experimental spread and cultivation of
ideas and practices.

Our second issue will explore rhythms. We welcome projects that examine,
both in form and content, the cadences at work in time, sleep, love,
mathematics, sense, sex, memory, war, and other realms.

We are interested in the way rhythms act between instants as generative
forces, cutting across temporalities and subjectivities. How does rhythm
structure and deconstruct experience and materials?

Submissions may engage with, but are not limited to, discourses
surrounding media studies, radical politics, aesthetics, ethics,
philosophy, queer and affect theory. We welcome experimental,
collaborative and traditional academic writing.

The selected projects will be published on the Fungiculture online
platform and distributed as a PDF.

________________________________

Instructions:

We welcome paper and project proposals of all varieties. Mixed-media and
non-textual projects are encouraged, but we will primarily publish
textual works, which can be both traditional academic papers and
experimental writing pieces. See Issue #1  http://www.fufufo.com/  for
examples. Published text pieces will be expected to be around 5,000
words in length.

To submit, please send an abstract (not exceeding 500 words) to
hello at fufufo.com <mailto:hello at fufufo.com> by June 14th 2015. Please
include relevant images and sound samples, if applicable, and the
authors' CVs or a description of relevant previous experience. Keep in
mind that abstracts must explain not just the topic of interest but also
the form and technical requirements of your proposed project.

--
Rebecca Stuhr
Coordinator for Humanities Collections