[Humanist] 28.884 a thousand blogs

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Apr 11 09:55:21 CEST 2015

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 10:28:53 +0200
        From: Marin Dacos <marin.dacos at openedition.org>
        Subject: A thousand blogs in the Hypotheses catalogue

Dear colleagues,

Today, OpenEdition celebrates the 1000th academic blog in the Hypotheses
catalogue! Here is the official announcement. Could you spread the
information around ?

Source : http://oep.hypotheses.org/1612

The homepage of Hypotheses is multilingual : http://hypotheses.org/

There are also 4 different homepages dedicated to specific languages :
- French contents : http://fr.hypotheses.org/
- Spanish contents : http://es.hypotheses.org/
- German contents : http://de.hypotheses.org/
- English contents : http://en.hypotheses.org/

Best regards,
Marin Dacos

A thousand blogs in the Hypotheses catalogue
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/through_my_camera/8776529162>

We are pleased to announce that our thousandth blog has just been added to
the Hypotheses catalogue
<http://www.openedition.org/catalogue-notebooks?page=catalogue&pubtype=carnet&lang=en>.
This symbolic figure is a crowning moment for the platform, which is now six
years old. It attests to the dynamism of our blogging community and the
quality of the content published on Hypotheses (http://hypotheses.org/)
each day.

To mark the occasion, we are showcasing a number of blogs that represent the
disciplines, topics, countries and languages present on the platform. Our
French (http://fr.hypotheses.org/), German
(http://oep.hypotheses.org/de.hypotheses.org) and Spanish
(http://es.hypotheses.org/) -language teams would therefore like to
introduce you to a selection of ten blogs that have recently joined
Hypotheses:

- *Digital Humanities LAB at CVCE*http://cvcedhlab.hypotheses.org/ This blog is a space to exchange
information and ideas about projects currently underway at the Digital
Humanities Lab at the Centre Virtuel de la Connaissance sur l’Europe (CVCE).
- *Lxnights. Exploring Nightlife and Urban Transformation in
Contemporary Lisbon*
http://lxnigths.hypotheses.org/ LXnights explores the transformations
of Lisbon’s urban nightlife in connection with the regeneration of the
city’s historic and post-industrial districts.
- *Réseau SHS Ebola. SHS Ebola network*
http://shsebola.hypotheses.org/ Published by the Ouest-Africain SHS
Ebola network, this blog aims to facilitate information-sharing, discussion
and collaboration between academics in the social sciences and other actors
engaged in the fight against the Ebola epidemic.
- *WEB90. Patrimoine, mémoires et histoire du web dans les années 1990*
http://web90.hypotheses.org/ The Web90 team examines the memory,
history and heritage of the Web in France in the 1990s, a pivotal period
for digital and information networks and their use by the “general public”.
- *Fantaterror. Le cinéma fantastico-horrifique espagnol sous le
tardofranquisme (1968-1975)*
http://cfhe.hypotheses.org/ Valentin Guermond questions notions of
social and political representation in Spain at the end of the Franco
dictatorship in Spain between 1968 and 1975 through the prism  of fantasy
and horror cinema, known as *fantaterror.*
- *Déjà vu. Carnet de recherche visuelle de Patrick Peccatte*
http://dejavu.hypotheses.org/ Patrick Peccatte shares his research on
re-documentisation, informational objects, theories of fiction, pulp
magazines, comics and, above all, devices for representing war in ordinary
culture.
- *beruf:geschichte. Blog zur Praxis- und Berufsorientierung für
Historikerinnen und Historiker*
http://beruf.hypotheses.org/ Is history a vocation or a profession?
What does it mean to be a historian? This blog examines the career paths
and practices of history.
-
*Moral Economy. Moral und Kapitalismus in Frankreich 1850-1920
http://moraleconomy.hypotheses.org/ *Published by Jürgen Finger, this
blog examines the links and frictions between the concepts of morality and
capitalism and, more generally, between morality and economics.
- *Canon y corpus. Sobre el concepto de « clásicos » en la literatura*
http://corpus.hypotheses.org/ The aim of this blog is to create a forum
for critical reflection on the concepts of literary classics and the
literary canon.
-
*El hilo de Ariadna. Arte y poder en la Edad Moderna
http://ariadna.hypotheses.org/ *Jesús F. Pascual presents his research
into the connections between art – specifically tapestry – and power during
the modern period in territories governed by the Habsburgs.

Being listed in the catalogue is an important moment for a Hypotheses blog,
as it adds value to active blogs with a structured publishing project.
Cataloguing makes blogs more visible and better referenced, in particular
because they are attributed an ISSN by the Bibliothèque Nationale de
France. It also makes it possible for interested readers to subscribe to
the blog and receive regular alerts about its new posts.

If your blog has not yet been listed in our catalogue and you think it
should be, please contact us at hypotheses[at]openedition.org

On behalf of the Hypotheses team and academic board, we would like to
express our deep thanks to bloggers for the vitality of their community,
the quality of their publications and their constant inventiveness in
developing new practices on their Hypotheses blogs.

See you very soon on Hypotheses!
Read this post in French  http://leo.hypotheses.org/12231

--
Marin Dacos - http://www.openedition.org
Directeur - Centre pour l'édition électronique ouverte
Skype : marin.dacos - Google hangout : marin.dacos at openedition.org
Twitter [FR] : http://twitter.com/marindacos
http://twitter.com/#%21/marindacos
Twitter [EN] : http://twitter.com/openmarin