[Humanist] 27.886 citing

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sun Mar 16 08:19:43 CET 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 07:00:01 +0000
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>
        Subject: citing

Dan O'Donnell's note leads to a question he didn't ask: what might be
happening to the practice of citation? Though I go to great lengths to
cite my sources, I can certainly feel the temptation to think that in
many cases citing a source is unnecessary in the age of Google et al.
Are people in general drawing a different line than they would have
drawn prior to the Web between what must be cited and what is
too easily found to bother with?