[Humanist] 27.885 cite Storify

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sun Mar 16 08:16:39 CET 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 19:59:12 +0100
        From: Miran gmail <miranhladnik1 at gmail.com>
        Subject: Re:  27.883 how to cite Storify?

Daniel, here it is how I would cite your item:

Proctor, Nancy et al. Wikipedia and
Museums http://storify.com/HeatherHobma/wikipedia-and-museums .
Storyfy by Heather Hobma  http://storify.com/HeatherHobma . 10 Dec. 2013ff.

Comments:
- as additional contributions could appear later, there is no need to cite
all the participants, but just the first one
- URLs are not disturbing when embedded in the title as hyperlinks
- I can not decide about which date to include: the date of the first
message, of the last one, or both
- the date of access is not necessary in case the citation is published on
the web, because web documents should be dated and the author is supposed
to check the links in the article prior to its publication

Cheers, miran