[Humanist] 27.883 how to cite Storify?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Mar 15 07:48:27 CET 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 14:18:11 -0600
        From: Daniel O'Donnell <daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca>
        Subject: Cite Storify?

A student of mine has an interesting question. She's used storify to
curate a collection of third party tweets on a topic for her thesis and
we were wondering what to do about citing it.

This is not just a technical question (i.e. how would Chicago do it?).
Since one of the points of Storify is that you can use it creatively,
the person who put the storify together is presumably part of the
intellectual authors of the piece, in much the same way an editor has
intellectual responsibility for a collection.

As far as I can tell, there isn't a standard way of citing Storify per
se, though these is a twitter exchange on the question
(https://twitter.com/kristinarola/status/405877184591433728). I was
suggesting to her that she treat it like a webpage in terms of format,
but for the "author" part, she include her name and the authors of the
tweets. Something like this:

Hobma, Heather, Nancy Sheehan, Deb Howes, and Sara Bodinson. 2014.
“Wikipedia and Museums (with Tweets) · HeatherHobma.” /Storify/.
Accessed March 14. http://storify.com/HeatherHobma/wikipedia-and-museums.
What do others think?

--
---