[Humanist] 27.873 source for Douglas Adams' quotation?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Mar 13 07:46:43 CET 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 15:11:41 +0100
        From: Alexander O'Connor <Alex.OConnor at scss.tcd.ie>
        Subject: Source for the Douglas Adams quote on the initialism of the World Wide Web

Dear Humanists,
 I have a sideline in trying to source well-known quotes more substantively. I have seen this quote from Wikipedia

	The World Wide Web is the only thing I know of whose shortened form takes three times longer to say than what it's short for. —Douglas Adams, The Independent on Sunday, 1999
	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pronunciation_of_%22www%22

The source at 1999 is a bit vague, I can't find from an IoS archive anything more precise, any advice?

Regards
Alex.
--
Dr. Alexander O'Connor