[Humanist] 27.869 plagiarism detection software

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Mar 12 07:29:28 CET 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    maurizio lana <maurizio.lana at gmail.com>                   (31)
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 27.866 plagiarism detection software?

  [2]   From:    "Center for Comparative Studies"                          (11)
                <centrostudicomparati at libero.it>
        Subject: Re:  27.866 plagiarism detection software?

  [3]   From:    Ryan Cordell <r.cordell at neu.edu>                          (42)

  [4]   From:    "Bleck, Bradley" <Bradley.Bleck at spokanefalls.edu>          (8)

        Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 08:17:35 +0100
        From: maurizio lana <maurizio.lana at gmail.com>

Il 11/03/14 07:54, Humanist Discussion Group ha scritto:
> A colleague of mine is interested in applying plagiarism detection software
> to the problem of text reuse and paraphrasing in older texts. He's looking
> for easy to use/test web based software that will allow him to detect
> reused text between several files.

this type of detection is very similar to the detection of a common
author for a series of texts.
so tools and methods for authorship attribution could be interesting.

apart from conferences, there is also a Competition on Plagiarism
Detection, now at its fifth edition, about plagiarism detection not in
school texts but in other types of texts. the porceedings can be a good
place to search for info, methods, tools, etc.

maurizio

--
ricorda Signore questi servi disobbedienti
alle leggi del branco