[Humanist] 27.866 plagiarism detection software?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Mar 11 07:54:23 CET 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 11:53:38 +0100
        From: Joris van Zundert <joris.van.zundert at huygens.knaw.nl>
        Subject: Plagiarism detection software

Dear all,

A colleague of mine is interested in applying plagiarism detection software
to the problem of text reuse and paraphrasing in older texts. He's looking
for easy to use/test web based software that will allow him to detect
reused text between several files.

Trawling the Humanist archive yielded only
http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/ltg/teachingwithtechnology/plagiarism.xml which is
a tool to check against student papers, but that is not what we're looking
for.

Much obliged for any advice,
All the best
--Joris

--
Drs. Joris J. van Zundert

*Researcher & Developer Digital and Computational Humanities*
Huygens Institute for the History of the Netherlands

*Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences*
www.huygens.knaw.nl/en/vanzundert/

-------

*Jack Sparrow: I thought you were supposed to keep to the code.Mr. Gibbs:
We figured they were more actual guidelines.*