[Humanist] 27.853 crowdsourcing?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Mar 7 08:19:08 CET 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 10:11:20 +0000
        From: Helle Porsdam <porsdam at hum.ku.dk>
        Subject: User participation in content creation

Dear colleagues,

I am currently working on user participation in content creation with a particular focus on cultural heritage institutions.

Can anyone help me with a few titles (books or articles) that deal with crowdsourcing - but in the broader sense of the involvement of users in the generation of knowledge, interpretation, curation, cataloguing etc., all of which challenges the foundation of cultural heritage institutions and perhaps especially the scholars employed at these institutions. It is what happens to knowledge and the way we think and do research, more broadly, as a result of digitization and the impact this has on cultural heritage institutions that interests me.

I am afraid of missing important new scholarly literature on this topic and will be most grateful for any help that you may be able to give.

Best wishes,

Helle Porsdam

Professor of American Studies

University of Copenhagen