[Humanist] 27.851 pubs: online edn of Rape of the Lock

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Mar 6 09:14:23 CET 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 16:55:46 +0000
        From: "Muri, Allison" <allison.muri at usask.ca>
        Subject: 300th anniversary of Pope's Rape of the Lock

On March 4, 1714, Bernard Lintot published Alexander Pope’s The Rape of the Lock in five cantos.

In a rather shameless plug for an in-progress work, I’d like to call your attention to my online edition in honour of this anniversary: http://grubstreetproject.net/works/T5728. I will be adding notes over the next few months, and I hope it may be of use to some in teaching the poem and studying its plates in the near future. The images (for which I thank McMaster’s William Ready Division of Archives & Research Collections) are slow to load because they’re very high resolution.

Cheers,
Allison

Allison Muri
Department of English