[Humanist] 27.847 pubs: DHC2012 proceedings; eMOP report

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Mar 5 09:23:22 CET 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Laura Mandell <laura.mandell at gmail.com>                   (23)
        Subject: Release of eMOP Midterm Report

  [2]   From:    "Prescott, Andrew" <andrew.prescott at kcl.ac.uk>            (21)
        Subject: DHC 2012 Proceedings Published

        Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 07:50:57 -0600
        From: Laura Mandell <laura.mandell at gmail.com>

Dear Humanist:

The eMOP Project at Texas A&M (http://emop.tamu.edu) is in the process of
OCR'ing for the first time, in some cases, and re-OCR'ing in others, the
EEBO and ECCO collections (Early English Books Online, owned by ProQuest,
and Eighteenth-Century Collections Online, owned by Gale Cengage Learning).
 We are mid-way through our project and very excited about the results and
the tools we are building. We wanted to let everyone know who is interested
in OCR that a long version of our midterm report to the Mellon Foundation
is available online here: http://emop.tamu.edu/node/56

Thanks so much to all our partners for their great work -- the Text
Creation Partnership, PRImA Labs at Salford, Texas A&M University Libraries
and Computer Science Department, the National Library of the Netherlands,
the SEASR team at the University of Illinois, Performant Software, Gale,
and ProQuest.

--
Laura Mandell
Director, Initiative for Digital Humanities, Media, and Culture
e: idhmc at tamu.edu
@mandellc
http://idhmc.tamu.edu