[Humanist] 27.843 selfies; transcription types

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Mar 5 09:11:09 CET 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Christian Thomas <christian.thomas.1 at staff.hu-berlin.de>  (40)
        Subject: Re:  27.841 names for transcription types?

  [2]   From:    Soraj Hongladarom <hsoraj at chula.ac.th>                    (39)
        Subject: Re:  27.840 selfies

        Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2014 09:36:04 +0100
        From: Christian Thomas <christian.thomas.1 at staff.hu-berlin.de>

Dear Alan, if I understand your question correctly, you might simply say:

a) is uncorrected ('dirty') OCR, or, more generally speaking,
uncorrected ('dirty') automated character/layout recognition
b) is manual (single or double) keying/transcription.

Somewhere between the two lies more or less intensively corrected
versions of a).

Hope that helps, best
Christian