[Humanist] 28.228 fewer students interested in literature and culture

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Jul 24 16:27:31 CEST 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 21:27:00 +0000
        From: Daniel.Allington <daniel.allington at open.ac.uk>
        Subject: RE:  28.221 events: publishing; science in early 20C

>        Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 11:21:48 -0400
>        From: "totosy de zepetnek, steven" <clcweb at purdue.edu>
>        Subject: NEMLA 2015 call for abstracts

> ...Owing to the current situation worldwide whereby fewer
> students are interested in literature and culture, digital humanities has promise for
> the social relevance of the humanities insofar as content is linked with practice and
> pedagogy including technical matters.

Dear Steven

Your discovery that, "worldwide… fewer students are interested in literature and culture" is of potentially huge interest to this list's subscribers - I hope you'll soon be sharing details of how this was calculated, and how the data was collected.

With best wishes

Daniel

Dr Daniel Allington
Lecturer in English Language Studies