[Humanist] 28.216 job at Ohio

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sun Jul 20 16:13:19 CEST 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 21:42:03 +0100
        From: "J.M. Rampling" <jmr82 at CAM.AC.UK>
        Subject: Job: Asst Prof in (Modern) History of Science and/or Technology

New history of science job in Ohio...

On 7/18/2014 3:24 PM, Kevin Uhalde wrote:

I'm writing to draw your attention to a job announcement that will be
advertised soon. It's for a brand new, tenure-track position in the history
of science and/or technology in the modern age. Geographical focus is wide
open, as is research specialization.

We're looking for someone with great scholarly potential as well as the
ability to teach undergraduates well at both the introductory and upper
levels. OU offers the MA in all areas of history and the Ph.D. in
twentieth-century history, so this person can expect to work with graduate
students. Our faculty members teach four courses a year and all are active
in their fields of research and publication.

I would appreciate your help in publicizing this position as widely as
possible and encouraging suitable candidates to apply. The deadline is
November 7. Below I've pasted a link to the official posting as well as the
description that will appear in the Chronicle and elsewhere. If I can tell
you anything else about the position or history at Ohio University, please
let me know. Thanks in advance.

http://www.ohiouniversityjobs.com/postings/10548

The Department of History at Ohio University invites applications for a new
position in the history of science and/or technology in the modern age.
Research interests should reflect the social, economic, ecological, or
political context of scientific/technological development. The chosen
candidate will offer courses in both the history of science and technology
and in a traditional geographically-defined field. An ability to teach
classes with a global and comparative perspective is preferred, but
candidates specializing in all geographical fields are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will develop introductory and upper-level survey
courses within his or her discipline, and participate in interdisciplinary
courses at the introductory or advanced level in collaboration with
colleagues from other disciplines, including the natural sciences.

Sincerely,

Kevin Uhalde

Department of History
Ohio University