[Humanist] 28.202 final cfp: Chicago DHCS Colloquium

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Jul 15 16:11:29 CEST 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 16:59:13 +0000
        From: Martin Mueller <martinmueller at northwestern.edu>
        Subject: Final CFP for Chicago DHCS Colloquium, October 23-24, 2014 at Northwestern University

Dear Colleague,

A reminder that August 1, 2014 is the deadline  for submissions to the
Chicago Colloquium on Digital Humanities and Computer Science
(http://dhcs.northwestern.edu), which will be hosted by Northwestern
University on October 23-24 and will overlap and share some programming
with the annual meeting of the TEI conference, also hosted by Northwestern.

We welcome submissions on anything that plausible stays within the
intersection of DH and CS. In the past some of the most interesting
presentations have come from graduate students, and we like to think of
the Colloquium as particularly hospitable to their contributions. Topics
of special interest to both the TEI and DHCS conferences this year include
research projects that make use of the distinct digital "affordances"
created by the Hathi Trust, the Hathi Trust Research Center, and the
TEI-encoded texts created by the Text Creation Partnership(TCP) from book
on Early English Books Online (EEBO).

A submission for a paper of poster should include an abstract of ~750
words and a minimal bio. Send it to martinmueller at northwestern.edu by
August 1 and preferably earlier.

Martin Mueller, Chair, Program Committee, DHCS
Professor emeritus of English and Classics
Northwestern University