[Humanist] 28.201 job in history of technology at Harvard

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Jul 15 16:09:55 CEST 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 07:58:15 +0100
        From: Graeme Gooday <G.J.N.Gooday at LEEDS.AC.UK>
        Subject: JOB: Assistant Professor in History of Technology (Tenure Track), Harvard University

The Department of the History of Science at Harvard University is conducting a tenure-track search (assistant professorial level) in the history of technology.

A Ph.D. is required by the expected start date, and the Department is especially interested in candidates who show exceptional promise as scholars, teachers and mentors, and whose work complements that of the current faculty.

The appointment is expected to begin on July 1, 2015.

Applications should include a curriculum vitae, a brief outline of present scholarly projects and future plans, a teaching statement, and names and contact information for 3 references.

We also ask candidates to submit a sample of recent scholarly work.

All materials should be submitted directly to the Harvard academic positions site at http://academicpositions.harvard.edu/postings/5554.

We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.

Application deadline is September 9, 2014.

Please contact Deborah Valdovinos at valdovin at fas.harvard.edu<mailto:valdovin at fas.harvard.edu> with any questions.

Deborah Valdovinos
Faculty Search Coordinator
Department Events Coordinator