[Humanist] 28.194 enthusiasms and ideologies

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Jul 10 21:57:14 CEST 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 17:46:18 +0200 (CEST)
        From: orlandi at rmcisadu.let.uniroma1.it
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 28.186 enthusiasms underwritten by ideologies

Dear Willard,

can you suggest any other way to know something, than forming
its model in our mind? Is it possible to "know" something
per se, "as it is", or only its behaviour in our relation?
(i.e. how it appears, how it strikes our senses, how it
affects them). The system is a more advanced kind of model
to represent reality in a dynamic way, but in any case
knowledge can only be a representation of reality in our
minds.

Tito, an enthusiast (si dica quel che si vuole) of the
Systems theory.

Tito Orlandi  (olim Univ. di Roma La Sapienza)
Centro Linceo Interdisciplinare Beniamino Segre - Roma
Hiob Ludolf Zentrum (Asien-Afrika-Institut, Univ. Hamburg)
Institutum Patristicum Augustinianum, Roma
http://rmcisadu.let.uniroma1.it/~orlandi