[Humanist] 28.190 Humanist's reputation

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Jul 8 22:53:40 CEST 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 18:03:22 -0700
        From: Mary Dee Harris <marydeeh at yahoo.com>
        Subject: Re:  28.187 Help! Humanist's reputation besmirched

 Willard,

I ran into something similar to this with my ISP here in Austin with my ACM account.  The Roadrunner system would block anything coming from acm.org as spam.   I have used the alias mdharris at acm.org as my permanent email address for two decades and all of a sudden wasn't getting my mail.  That's what I had to change the address Humanist was sent to.

The ACM solution was to send out a list of emails that they had received at my alias at acm.org, and I could select the ones to be forwarded to me.  It was a hassle for everyone involved so I'm not recommending it, but I just wanted to tell you about it.  It might give you all some ideas for how to proceed.

Mary Dee