[Humanist] 28.187 Help! Humanist's reputation besmirched

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Jul 8 02:02:05 CEST 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 07:09:17 +1000
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>
        Subject: Reputation blacklists

A few of you will be aware that recently Humanist has run afoul of
"reputation blacklists", which block e-mail from sources alleged to be
senders of spam. Apparently, as in life, a source can get on such a list
by unproved accusation or by having an IP number that lies in a block of
addresses which includes a spammer. This has happened to Humanist, as a
result of which some members of this group are now being blocked from
receiving postings. Malgosia Askanas, our technical expert who wrote
Humanist's processing software and manages Mailman for us, is asking for
help. She writes,

> We are looking for contact with someone who has direct understanding
> of, and access to, the Cloudmark Sender Intelligence filters
> (http://www.cloudmark.com), and can reliably advise us as to:
>
> -- Why exactly the digitalhumanities.org IP has been blacklisted;
> -- What we (i.e. either Humanist or its hosting organization) need to
>     fix so as to avoid being blacklisted in the future.

We would be enormously grateful if anyone who can advise us about this
would write to Malgosia at <ma at panix.com>.

Many thanks.