[Humanist] 28.181 DH2014 news: ADHO/centerNet; GeoHumanities

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Jul 4 23:30:26 CEST 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Kathy Weimer <k-weimer at library.tamu.edu>                  (22)
        Subject: GeoHumanities SIG at DH2014

  [2]   From:    Neil Fraistat <nfraistat at gmail.com>                       (29)
        Subject: ADHO/centerNet Events at DH 2014

        Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 15:15:26 +0000
        From: Kathy Weimer <k-weimer at library.tamu.edu>

Dear Humanists:

DH2014 marks one year since the inception of the GeoHumanities SIG.  The SIG was formed with the focus on spatial, spatial-temporal and 'placial' perspectives in the digital humanities, and to foster communication on these topics across disciplines.  Our members span the globe and represent a variety of working and research environments.  To learn more, see our website, which includes blog postings, membership information and our founding document: http://geohumanities.org

Please note the following GeoHumanities SIG events at DH2014:

Our inaugural meeting takes place on July 8th (Tuesday) from 9 am to 4 pm at SwissTech, EPFL, Room 1C.  The featured discussion topic is historic gazetteers and their development.  We are very pleased to have a number of ongoing projects shared from internationally recognized scholars.  At the end of the afternoon, we will conduct a short business meeting to discuss upcoming SIG projects and organizational matters, including our role with the DiRT/TaDiRAH project.  A full agenda is here: http://geohumanities.org/GeoHumSIG_meeting  If you are in Lausanne, we hope that you can attend all or some part of the day.  There is no fee and we look forward to your participation.

On Wednesday, July 9th, the SIG will have a casual dinner meet up at Les Brasseurs (Rue Centrale 4), 19:00, and departing EPFL at 18:15. We would like a head count, so please rsvp either through twitter (DM the SIG) or email me directly. SIG members, guests and the geo-curious are invited.

#DH2014Geo is the hashtag for the GeoHumanities SIG meeting and other GeoHumanities related sessions.  Tweet and follow!

Safe travels for those making their way to Lausanne!

Regards,

GeoHumanities Co-Chairs,
Kathy Weimer (Texas A&M University)
Karl Grossner (Stanford University)

Katherine H. Weimer
Professor
Map & GIS Library
Texas A & M University Libraries
5000 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-5000
(979) 845-6588
k-weimer at library.tamu.edu<applewebdata://1BD4BF25-A496-457B-AEFB-AA955FB0B166/k-weimer@library.tamu.edu>
twitter:Kathy_Weimer
Co-Editor, Journal of Map & Geography Libraries
Co-Chair, ADHO GeoHumanities SIG