[Humanist] 28.174 events: Greek and Latin epigraphy

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Jul 3 12:58:50 CEST 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 17:53:00 +0000
        From: "Bodard, Gabriel" <gabriel.bodard at kcl.ac.uk>
        Subject: Seminar: Europeana network of Ancient Greek and Latin Epigraphy

Digital Classicist London & Institute of Classical Studies Seminar 2014
Friday July 4 at 16:30 in room 102 (Athlone), Senate House, Malet
Street, London, WC1E 7HU

*Pietro Liuzzo (Heidelberg)*
The Europeana network of Ancient Greek and Latin Epigraphy (EAGLE) and
Linked Open Data

ALL WELCOME

The Europeana network of Ancient Greek and Latin Epigraphy aims to
provide historians and the general public with a curated online
multi-text edition which has high quality contents and related contents
as well as high quality data in multiple interoperable formats. Linked
Open Data principles aim at bringing things together so we have tried to
follow those guidelines. EAGLE considered two standards: TEI–EpiDoc and
CIDOC CRM and we work towards tools to facilitate wilful alignment as
well as coordinated linking via third parties annotations or through the
alignment to common vocabularies (of contents), gazetteers and
bibliographies.

*The seminar will be followed by wine and refreshments.*

For more information please see the seminar website at
http://www.digitalclassicist.org/wip/wip2014.html

--
Dr Gabriel BODARD
Researcher in Digital Epigraphy