[Humanist] 27.383 Polish poetry

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Sep 28 09:00:56 CEST 2013

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 18:05:11 +0200
        From: Toma Tasovac <ttasovac at transpoetika.org>
        Subject: 27.375 Panels at conferences? Polish poetry?

 Dear Alun,

 I am sure that Polish experts on the list will be able to tell you more about specifically WWI-related poets, but for future reference keep in mind that:

 1.  Gumilev is a very famous Russian poet, so no, he is definitely not regarded Polish; and

 2. there is really no need to use quotation marks when speaking of Polish poets during the First World War - or any other period, really. Poland had a thriving literary scene during the age of partitions. When Sienkiewicz won the Nobel prize in 1905, he did so as a Polish writer, and not as a stateless, language-less ghost.

 All best,
 Toma
 Toma Tasovac
 Center for Digital Humanities (Belgrade, Serbia)
 http://humanistika.orghttp://transpoetika.org