[Humanist] 27.382 jobs at King's, New York Public Library

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Sep 27 05:48:45 CEST 2013

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Doug Reside <dougreside at gmail.com>                        (62)
        Subject: Job at NYPL: Director of Digital Initiatives

  [2]   From:    Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>          (65)
        Subject: job at King's

        Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 10:02:57 -0400
        From: Doug Reside <dougreside at gmail.com>

Director, Digital Initiatives and Services
The New York Public Library
https://intranet-nypl.icims.com/jobs/7590/director-digital-initiatives-and-services/job

Overview:

Reporting to the Chief Library Officer of The New York Public Library, the
Director, Digital Initiatives and Services leads the experimentation,
implementation and portfolio management of the digital user experience.
This person partners with internal and external stakeholders to identify,
design, incubate and ensure delivery of an excellent user experience across
all our digital properties. This position forms part of a senior team
responsible for the digital strategy and customer service across the NYPL.

Responsibilities:

The qualified candidate will have direct oversight of the NYPL innovation
program (includes NYPL Labs), the vision and direction of our user
experience, new product and service implementation, and digital portfolio
management. Specific responsibilities include;

   - Accountable to the User Experience Leadership team for delivery on the
   digital strategy
   - Partners with Strategy in the design and effective use of user
   analytics and research in decision-making,
   - Partners with the Chief Technology Officer on technology strategy and
   product development
   - Accountable for ease of use throughout the Library’s digital
   properties, including building strong digital partner experiences
   - Under the direction of the CLO and in partnership with the Andrew W.
   Mellon director, the VP of Public Services, the VP of Marketing and
   Communications, and the VP of Finance and Strategic Initiatives, leads the
   planning and implementation of NYPL’s digital strategy
   - In conjunction with other stakeholders, actively looks for and drives
   changes in the digital portfolio
   - Involved in hiring, developing and retaining digital expertise
   - Accountable for developing and overseeing the Digital Initiatives and
   Services budget
   - In collaboration with the CLO represents the digital strategy with
   internal and external stakeholders

Key Competencies:

   - User experience focus
   - Analytical thinking
   - Skilled communicator
   - A track record of successful collaboration and team building across
   and within organizations
   - Strong ability to manage through change

Qualifications:

   - A minimum of ten years working in the information industry –
   preferably in education or higher education, digital humanities, digital
   libraries or Internet-based publishing or product management
   - Bachelors Degree in information science or other related field
   required, Masters Degree prefered
   - Extensive experience stewarding products from incubation to production
   - Demonstrated track record of developing and using data and user-based
   research to deliver
   - Demonstrated track record of excellent customer service leadership
   - Excellent internal and external communicator
   - Excellent understanding of current day technologies (including but not
   limited to apps, collaboration, search and discovery, digital asset
   management)
   - Demonstrated history of collaboration across business units to bring
   about large-scale organizational change

Work Environment:

Standard office environment

Physical Duties: