[Humanist] 27.380 peer review?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Sep 26 08:11:04 CEST 2013

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 16:19:49 +0100
        From: "James O'Sullivan" <josullivan.c at gmail.com>
        Subject: Peer Review Processes

Hello all,

I was hoping to start a discussion on peer review processes. Looking at the
submission guidelines for the DH2014, I noticed that the ADHO "has
discontinued the anonymization of papers during the review process (moving
to single-blind review)". I'm wondering why this is, and what people think
of such a move?

I've always been of the opinion that single-blind review has few benefits
when compared with double-blind processes, and I've also heard some
convincing arguments in relation to more open models.

I have limited experience as a reviewer, so I am curious to know if there
are any merits to a single-blind review process?

Thanks as always...
James

--
*James O'Sullivan *