[Humanist] 27.375 Panels at conferences? Polish poetry?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Sep 25 05:44:44 CEST 2013

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Alun Edwards <alun.edwards at it.ox.ac.uk>                    (8)
        Subject: Polish poetry

  [2]   From:    John Simpson <john.simpson at ualberta.ca>                   (10)
        Subject: Where are the panels?

        Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 13:03:59 +0000
        From: Alun Edwards <alun.edwards at it.ox.ac.uk>

Dear all,

At the First World War Poetry Digital Archive we are working with a British schools poetry project (whose figurehead is the former poet laureate Andrew Motion).

We are researching online resources from the First World War Poetry Digital Archive, Europeana 1914-1918 and other sources, which can be presented online for school teachers to use. As there is a growing Polish population in British schools, we are trying to discover if there are war poets or poems from the First World War which are recognised as "Polish", using the quote marks because until the end of the war Poland didn't regain its independence. Formerly the territory was part of the Prussian, Russian and Austrian empires. I'm aware of Nikolay Gumilev, but not really any of his works, is he regarded as a Polish writer?

Many thanks for all pointers, Ally

--
Alun Edwards, Project Manager alun.edwards at it.ox.ac.uk Education Enhancement team, Academic IT Services at
University of Oxford