[Humanist] 27.316 historical documents on project management

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Sep 5 07:08:58 CEST 2013

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 15:04:12 -0500
        From: Erik Hanson <erikalanhanson at gmail.com>
        Subject: Re:  27.313 historical documents on project management

Conrad Weisert (http://www.idinews.com/CHW.html) has been involved in the
conversation about how to manage software projects since he worked on
OS/360. I got to know Mr. Weisert as he does PM training for universities
and other institutions in Chicago. He's ... not enamored with notions such
as Agile, but mostly, to my understanding, because he feels that
"waterfall" is either a smear term or an expression that shows a
fundamental misunderstanding of how folks had previously been trying to
manage projects. Mr. Weisert wrote his thoughts on the subject down back in
2003 here: http://www.idinews.com/waterfall.html .

Mr. Weisert also maintains a website with syllabi, etc., for his work at
Loyola Chicago at http://webpages.cs.luc.edu/~cweisert/ .

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 12:11 AM, Humanist Discussion Group <