[Humanist] 26.80 PhD studentships at Amsterdam
Humanist Discussion Group
willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Jun 11 22:19:26 CEST 2012
Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 26, No. 80.
Department of Digital Humanities, King's College London
Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 08:34:36 +0000
From: "Bod, Rens" <L.W.M.Bod at uva.nl>
Subject: Two fully funded PhD candidates in Digital Humanities at Univ. ofAmsterdam
Two fully funded PhD candidates in Digital Humanities
To strengthen the research field of Digital Humanities, the Faculty of Humanities at the University of Amsterdam invites applications for Two fully funded PhD candidates in Digital Humanities, starting on 1st September 2012
• Complete and defend a PhD thesis within the official appointment duration (see text below).
• Regularly present intermediate research results at international workshops and conferences, and publish them in proceedings and journals
• Collaborate with the researchers in other relevant parts of the research institutes of the Faculty of Humanities
• Participate in the organization of research activities and events within the research field of Digital Humanities, such as conferences, workshops and joint publications
• A Master's degree with excellent grades in a relevant field
• Good academic writing and presentation skills
• Good social and organizational skills
The PhD candidate at the Faculty of Humanities of the University of Amsterdam will be appointed for 4 years for 0,8 fte under the terms of employment currently valid for the Faculty. In the first instance, a contract will be given for 16 months, with an extension for the following 32 months on the basis of a positive evaluation
The salary for the position (on a full-time basis) will be € 2042 during the first year (gross per month) and will reach € 2612 during the fourth year.
Applications for the PhD position should include a letter of motivation, a CV, a list of grades obtained for your Bachelor and Master (or equivalent) programmes, as well as names and contact details of two academic referees. Please supply each document separately in .pdf format, giving the files self-explanatory names (e.g. CV NAME.pdf). Please also include a writing sample (such as your MSc thesis or a term paper), preferably a link to an online version. The letter of motivation (maximally 2000 words, but preferably shorter) should outline what kind of research you wish to undertake.
You are welcome to contact professor Rens Bod (rens.bod at uva.nl), co-ordinator of Digital Humanities, to discuss your plans ahead of applying formally.
Completed applications should be submitted by 4 July 2012, 23.59 hrs. The address for applications is solliciteren2012-fgw at uva.nl. Please state the vacancy number in the subject field (this number will be available later this week at www.uva.nl/vacatures ). Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Research at the Faculty of Humanities: www.hum.uva.nl/onderzoek
Working at the University of Amsterdam: http://www.english.uva.nl/vacancies
More information about the Humanist