[Humanist] 24.749 events: invitation to MLA 2012

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sun Feb 27 08:59:06 CET 2011

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 15:35:49 -0500
        From: Kathleen Fitzpatrick <kathleen.fitzpatrick at pomona.edu>
        Subject: Invitation to participate in MLA 2012, Seattle

Dear Colleague,

I write to invite you to join me at the 2012 MLA Annual Convention, which
will take place in Seattle, 5–8 January. I also invite you to consider
participating, by presenting a paper, joining a roundtable discussion, or
organizing a session. The MLA Program Committee especially welcomes session
proposals in formats that highlight teaching experience, creative work, and
civic engagement and encourages you to view an invitation from the committee
at www.mla.org/proposal_invite.

To be included in the convention program, search (www.mla.org/cfp_search) or
browse (www.mla.org/cfp_browse) the calls for papers already posted on the
MLA Web site. Through 1 March 2011, you may also submit your own call for
papers at www.mla.org/cfp_main. As the session organizer, you are
responsible for acknowledging all submissions and inquiries regarding your
call for papers. We recommend posting a submission deadline of not later
than 15 March.

Please keep in mind that a call for papers is not a session proposal but a
way to solicit paper submissions for creating a session proposal. Proposal
forms for the 2012 convention will be available at www.mla.org/ssp_main in
early March. Completed proposal forms must be submitted by 1 April 2011. The
MLA Program Committee will determine which session proposals are accepted.

All participants in convention sessions must be MLA members by 7 April 2011,
and members should review other guidelines for the MLA convention
(www.mla.org/ conv_procedures) before responding to or submitting calls for
papers.

The MLA Annual Convention is an exciting intellectual and professional
event. I hope you will consider participating, and I look forward to seeing
you in Seattle.

Cordially,

Russell A. Berman
MLA President
Walter A. Haas Professor in the Humanities,
Stanford University