[Humanist] 24.732 publications: on concordances &collaboration, on quantitative formalism

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Feb 22 07:30:46 CET 2011

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>          (16)
        Subject: the Stanford Literary Lab; Quantitative Formalism

  [2]   From:    Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>          (14)
        Subject: concordance production and collaboration

        Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 16:09:03 +0000
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>

Many here, I suspect, will be interested in the new Stanford Literary
Lab, litlab.stanford.edu/, which "discusses, designs, and pursues
literary research of a digital and quantitative nature", and its first
publication, "Quantitative Formalism: an Experiment", by Sarah Allison,
Ryan Heuser, Matthew Jockers, Franco Moretti and Michael Whitmore (under
Pamphlets). I expect we'll be hearing from them at the next Digital
Humanities conference.

King's College London, www.mccarty.org.uk;