[Humanist] 24.730 theorizing the Web

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Feb 22 07:28:36 CET 2011

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    "Postles, David A. (Dr.)" <pot at leicester.ac.uk>            (1)
        Subject: theorizing the Web

  [2]   From:    Amanda French <amanda at amandafrench.net>                   (24)
        Subject: RE: [Humanist] 24.726 theorizing the Web?

        Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 08:24:19 +0000
        From: "Postles, David A. (Dr.)" <pot at leicester.ac.uk>

Since Richard Frank mentions Oracle, perhaps it's apposite to draw attention to the final rc of LibreOffice 3.3, which seems to me a terrific development by the Document Foundation.  One of the great advantages is that, compared to previous versions of OpenOffice, the boot time is much faster, and, for example, Calc now supports an expanded number of records.  Since Oracle has branded OpenOffice, LibreOffice is a real alternative for those who consider that OpenSource is a moral cause.