[Humanist] 24.720 ACH election results & an invitation

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Feb 18 07:19:31 CET 2011

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 12:10:43 -0500
        From: Dot Porter <dot.porter at gmail.com>
        Subject: ACH Election Results, and an invitation to join

The Association for Computers and the Humanities (http://www.ach.org/)
is pleased to announce the result of our recent election.

Our new Executive Council members, to serve 2011-2014, are:

Susan Brown
Kathleen Fitzpatrick
Lisa Spiro

Congratulations to Susan, Kathleen and Lisa! And many thanks to all
who were on the ballot. Thanks as well to outgoing EC members Natasha
Smith, John Walsh, and Susan Schreibman. for their years of service to
the ACH.

We'd like to take this opportunity to invite you to join the
Association for Computers and the Humanities. ACH, founded in 1978, is
the major professional society for anyone working in digital research,
software development, and encoding and analysis for fields like
literature and language studies, history, philosophy, and other
humanities disciplines.

ACH contributes to the digital humanities by sponsoring mentoring
programs, bursaries for young scholars at conferences and training
events, awards, the popular "Digital Humanities Questions and Answers"
board (http://digitalhumanities.org/answers/), 4Humanities
(http://humanistica.ualberta.ca/), and other initiatives.

We are also active advocates for the issues that concern our members,
who include faculty, students, staff, administrators, cultural
heritage workers, and independent scholars and developers. We depend
on our membership to inform us of specific issues we should advocate
for, and initiatives we can undertake that will best serve their
concerns. Of course members also elect the ACH officers and Executive
Council.

As part of ADHO (the Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations,
http://www.digitalhumanities.org/), ACH supports the journals LLC
(http://llc.oxfordjournals.org/) and DHQ
(http://digitalhumanities.org/dhq/), the annual Digital Humanities
conference (for which members receive reduced registration, for the
2011 conference see https://dh2011.stanford.edu/), and the Humanist
email discussion list (http://www.digitalhumanities.org/humanist/).

Membership in the ACH (and the other constituant organizations of
ADHO) is through subscription to Literary and Linguistic Computing. To
join and subscribe, follow this link and scroll down to the "Members"
selections: http://www.oxfordjournals.org/our_journals/litlin/access_purchase/price_list.html.

Many thanks,

The Executive Council of the ACH

--