[Humanist] 24.697 published definitions

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Feb 8 09:12:21 CET 2011

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 18:19:46 -0700
        From: Geoffrey Rockwell <grockwel at ualberta.ca>
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 24.691 published definitions?

Elijah Meeks asks for attempts to define the digital humanities. One source of definition might be the Day of Digital Humanities events that produced data of our collective reflections.

For more on the last version of the project see: http://tapor.ualberta.ca/taporwiki/index.php/Day_in_the_Life_of_the_Digital_Humanities_2010

There is an RSS feed of all the interventions and links to other materials.

One thing we did was ask people to define the Digital Humanities - you can see the definitions here:

http://tapor.ualberta.ca/taporwiki/index.php/How_do_you_define_Humanities_Computing_/_Digital_Humanities%3F

For all of you interested in this project, we are planning to do it again on March 18th. We are putting the online application forms together so stay tuned.

Yours,

Geoffrey Rockwell