[Humanist] 24.691 published definitions?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sun Feb 6 09:34:01 CET 2011

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 13:12:26 -0800 (PST)
        From: Elijah Richard Meeks <emeeks at stanford.edu>
        Subject: Bibliography of Digital Humanities Definitions

Greetings everyone,

I was reading John Unsworth's recent examination of the Downfall meme and its relationship to the Digital Humanities community and it got me thinking of an interesting little project.

I'm hunting for full-text versions of the various Digital Humanities / Humanities Computing essays or long postings that attempt to define the Digital Humanities or Humanities Computing or treat with the community/field as a whole.  Willard, if you're willing to send me a plain-text version of the intro to your book, I'll include that as well.  I already have quite a few, but I'm sure there are sources I haven't considered or simply overlooked.

The texts themselves will not be released, in case there's any concern about copyright or licensing, though the results will, of course, be made public.

Thanks,
Elijah Meeks