[Humanist] 24.689 new on WWW: interview with David Gelernter

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Feb 5 10:02:23 CET 2011

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 11:54:01 +0100
        From: Thomas Kollatz <kol at steinheim-institut.org>
        Subject: interview with David Gelernter

Dear Humanists,

the following link to a transcript of a remarkable interview with David Gelernter may be of interest to Humanists. It was conducted during the DLD conference in Munich (January 2011) and is published online in text and as an mp3:

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/digital/im-wortlaut-david-gelernter-im-gespraech-1.1054120

Very inspiring for digital humanists is e.g. Gelernter's statement:
"We could achieve more if we were less easily satisfied, we are too easily satisfied".

Best regards
THOMAS KOLLATZ

drs Thomas Kollatz  - wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter / research assistant
* Salomon Ludwig Steinheim-Institut fuer deutsch-juedische Geschichte
  D-47057 Duisburg  Geibelstr. 41 T 0203-370071  F 0203-373380
* CV  <http://www.steinheim-institut.de/wiki/index.php/Mitarbeiter:Thomas_Kollatz>
* Epigraphische Datenbank  http://www.steinheim-institut.de/cgi-bin/epidat
* TextGrid  http://www.textgrid.de/
* Rosetta Code  http://rosettacode.org/wiki/Category:TUSCRIPT