[Humanist] 24.687 events: slavery; imaging; publishing

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Feb 4 07:26:19 CET 2011

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Lauren Klein <lklein at gmail.com>                           (14)
        Subject: CFP for MLA 2012: "Digital Humanities and the Record of
                Slavery"

  [2]   From:    I-CHASS <chass at ncsa.illinois.edu>                         (35)
        Subject: Cross-Disciplinary Investigations in Imaging and Image
                Analyses

  [3]   From:    Rubina Vock <rubina.vock at fu-berlin.de>                    (44)
        Subject: International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference

        Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 10:24:10 -0500
        From: Lauren Klein <lklein at gmail.com>
        Subject: CFP for MLA 2012: "Digital Humanities and the Record of Slavery"

Call for Papers - Special Session
MLA 2012, Seattle, January 5-8, 2012

How can the theories, tools, and techniques of digital humanities
scholarship illuminate the literary and/or archival record of
Atlantic-world slavery? We seek presentations that address issues of
authorship and authenticity, narrative structure and style,
geospatial and geographical concerns, relations among texts and
across archives, oral and visual archival forms, and more.

250-word abstract and short CV by March 1, 2011 to:

Lauren Klein
Department of English
The Graduate Center, CUNY
lklein at post.harvard.edu

All panel participants must be members of the MLA by April 1, 2011.