[Humanist] 24.680 content management systems?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Feb 2 09:58:50 CET 2011

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 12:14:42 -0600
        From: Samuel Huskey <huskey at ou.edu>
        Subject: CMS vs. Contribute

I'm interested in learning what members of this list have to say
about the use of Content Management Systems (ExpressionEngine,
Drupal, Joomla!, etc.) as opposed to Adobe Contribute CS5 to manage
content provided by multiple contributors to a project. I can see
advantages to both for digital humanities collaborations.

My particular interest is in continuity and support. Is one more
"future-proof" than the other?

Sincerely,

Samuel J. Huskey
Chair, Department of Classics & Letters