[Humanist] 25.232 Roberto Busa, SJ, 1913-2011

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Aug 11 02:23:31 CEST 2011

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 10:22:09 +1000
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>
        Subject: Roberto Busa 1913-2011

My sad duty this morning is to announce the death of Roberto Busa, SJ,
on 8 August at the age of 98. See http://tinyurl.com/3ne2aj6 (in
English) and http://tinyurl.com/3qhu6bg (in Italian) for more.

My thanks to Sarah Schmidt for letting me know. Reflections on the man
and his great contributions to all that we do will be welcome but will
have to wait until Humanist reawakens later this month.

College London; Centre for Cultural Research, University of Western
Sydney; Editor, Interdisciplinary Science Reviews (www.isr-journal.org);
Editor, Humanist (www.digitalhumanities.org/humanist/); www.mccarty.org.uk/