[Humanist] 25.231 events: modelling; communication

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Aug 11 00:51:34 CEST 2011

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Isabelle F Peschard <peschard at SFSU.EDU>                   (19)
        Subject: Workshop on modelling

  [2]   From:    Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>          (91)
        Subject: Updated call for proposals: HASTAC 2011 Conference: Digital
                Scholarly Communication

        Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 15:24:49 +0100
        From: Isabelle F Peschard <peschard at SFSU.EDU>

WORKSHOP: The Experimental Side of Modeling (3)

   September, 16-17, 2011    San Francisco State University

Friday 16th
Morning
Ronald Giere (U Minnesota) “Models of experiments”
Jennan Ismael (U Arizona)   “Models and modality”

Afternoon
Deborah Mayo (Virginia Tech) “How experiment gets a life of its own ”
Eric Winsberg (U South Florida)  'Values and Uncertainty in the Predictions of Global  Climate Models"

Saturday 17th
Morning
Paul Teller (UC Davis)  “The concept of measurement precision”
Alison Wylie (U Washington)  “Evidential reasoning: experimental archaeology and archeological modeling”

Afternoon: Joint symposium with BayFAP
Seppo Poutanen (U Turku) “Critical realism and post-structural feminism—The difficult path to mutual understanding
Respondent: Ásta Sveinsdottir (SFSU)

Abstracts are available on the workshop webpage: http://www.isabellepeschard.org/WORKSHOP-2011.HTML
Attendance is free, but please register:  contact Isabelle Peschard  <peschard at sfsu.edu>